The Maintenance and Logistics Service (SML) ensures the effective functioning of infrastructures and groups/services and supports the development of scientific activities. It is in charge of improving, upgrading and renovating the various laboratory buildings, and even creating new experimental areas.
The IP2I has been located on the Doua campus in Villeurbanne since the 1960s. The laboratory occupies 5 buildings (DIRAC, VIRGO, Haefely, Van de Graaff and Dôme) which represents approximately 12,000 sq.m. of offices and experimental areas.
SML is involved in all areas (electricity, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, overhead cranes, lifts, telephones, water supply networks, green spaces, cleaning…).
The SML service manages:
- the laboratory’s general store,
- mail/parcels reception and shipping,
- the car fleet,
- furniture and office keys,
- the reception desk at the lab,
- the cleaning of work clothes,
- the reservation of meeting rooms / amphitheatre.