On Thursday, July 1, Claude Bernard University Lyon 1, on behalf of the Faculty of Sciences, and FRAMATOME renewed their partnership agreement for a period of three years concerning the master’s degree “SYnthesis, VIeillissement et Caractérisation des matériaux pour le nucléaire et les énergies nouvelles” (SYVIC*), which prepares students for careers in the nuclear industry.
The agreement was signed in the Dirac amphitheater by Anaïs Rigaudeau, Head of School Relations at FRAMATOME, and Frédéric Fleury, President of Claude Bernard Lyon 1 University. They were welcomed by Anne Ealet, Director of the IP2I and Nathalie Millard-Pinard, Head of Training.
Through this agreement, FRAMATOME undertakes to:
- Offer internships, work-study programs and jobs, in France and abroad, to SYVIC Master’s students.
- Welcome SYVIC Master’s students during visits to the company.
- Participate in an annual employment/internship meeting.
- To propose technical interventions delivered by experts in the form of seminars, notably around the following themes An international company; Corporate research and innovation; R&D activities on Tolerant Fuel Accidents and corrosion; Fuel fabrication for pressurized water reactors; Generation IV reactors.
- Collaborate in the professional development of students by leading HR workshops each year (interview simulations, CV advice, etc.)
- Offer thematic conferences based on current topics within the company. These conferences can be addressed to a wider audience of students and staff of the university.
For its part, the University of Lyon 1 undertakes to:
- Open access to Framatome employees to the SYVIC Master’s thematic schools “Materials aging” and “Nuclear issues and sustainable development” or possibly other specific courses of the SYVIC Master’s program, in case of need for further study and/or technology watch,
- Disseminate internship, thesis and job offers to students and young graduates of the Master SYVIC,
- Relay the FRAMATOME employer brand to SYVIC Master students.